Join the DSSG DataFest 2022
See how talented data scientists helped fight crime & corruption
Would you like to learn more about how young data scientists, hosted at Technical University & DFKI Kaiserslautern, helped non-profit organisations and government bodies to deliver real social impact? Do you want to find out how you can partner with the DSSG programme to run your own projects or how you can support the DSSG programme?
If you would like to join us, please get your entry ticket by clicking here!
Join this year’s DataFest on 24 August, between 15:30 and 17:30 at the German Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) in Kaiserslautern. The main event starts at 16:00, but all participants must register beforehand at the DFKI welcome desk. The registration will open at 15:30 and we would appreciate a timely registration.
Highly qualified and motivated fellows from 8 countries joined forces during the summer to tackle real world issues as part of Germany’s Data Science for Social Good (DSSG) programme. Mentored by our experienced team, they helped two partner organisations make better use of their data by applying cutting-edge data science solutions:
- Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP): Helping investigative journalists to uncover crime and corruption from big data
- National Procurement Agency (DNCP), Paraguay: Reducing corruption and related costs in public procurement through more effective auditing of public tenders
At the DataFest, you will have the opportunity to:
- learn more about both projects and to engage with fellows and partner organisations,
- enjoy a couple of keynote speeches on data science for social good,
- network with experts and organisations who share a common vision and values – using data science to positively impact society, and
- explore how you can generate more social impact by supporting the DSSG programme in various ways or by bringing your own challenges next year, and
- socialise over food and drinks with likeminded people.
The event structure
- 15:30 – 16:00: registration at DFKI welcome desk
- 16:00 – 17:00: keynote and project pitches
- 17:00 onwards: poster presentations and networking over drinks and small bites
We are very proud to bring the renowned DSSG programme to Germany. The 12-week fellowship programme was founded in 2013 at the University of Chicago. It is sponsored by Technical University Kaiserslautern and the German Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI).
If you would like to join us, please get your entry ticket by clicking here! The number of available seats is limited, and knowing the attendee numbers will allow us to be better hosts.